Photobucket Design Teams Tutorials

Sunday, May 5, 2013

Prima NSD Blog post :)


Hello hello :)

Next is a little step-out I would like to share with you, for this Tag, 


Materials List
Prima Marketing
Trim [Silver] 564117
Trim [White] 564124
Sunrise Sunset Vintage Trinkets 960339
Sunrise Sunset Vintage Trinkets 960322
Sunrise Sunset Vintage Trinkets 960308
Prima Flowers Tatiana White 566333
Velvet Trinkets 560010
SIIC 551483

Other
12 x 12 grey board - Imaginarium Designs
Tag for template
Spray Gesso
Staples

Extra kit
Pencil
Stanley knife
Tonic scissors
Stapler



To begin with I traced out a large tag shape onto some grey board and then cut it out using a stanley knife and metal ruler. for the freehand cutting around the corners I used my Tim Holtz tonic scissors.


I then spray painted the tag with spray gesso however if you dont have the spray gesso, then straight gesso or white paint applied with a roller/paint brush is perfect!


I then applied clear drying glue to the background [see picture above]. I then began to overlay pre cut strips of Prima fibre [as above].


I continued laying on the strips of fibre until the entire tag was covered, and allowed it to dry.


When the glue was dry I trimmed the excess from around the edges of the tag.


This is a close up of how the surface of the tag looked before I completed decorating the tag.




I distressed a length of the silver trim and then looped it before stapling it to the tag.


I then glued a cluster of 3 flowers over the distressed trim. I further embellished these flowers with some of the fabulous Sunrise Sunset Vintage Trinkets.

Below are some close up pictures of the final embellishing :)





Cheers and I do hope you enjoy :) :) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment